karenldarrough

Books are Food for the Soul

I love to read. Sharing my favorite books and discovering new authors never grows old.

Fosse
Sam Wasson
Mistborn: The Final Empire
Brandon Sanderson
The Master and Margarita
Mikhail Bulgakov, Diana Burgin, Katherine Tiernan O'Connor
Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief - Lawrence Wright I will admit that I did not have much interest in the existence of the 'Church' of Scientology until John Travolta released what may be the absolute worst movie I have ever seen, 'Battleship Earth' and presenting said movie as an example of Hubbard’s greatest work. Really? So what does this say about Scientology and more important, what does it say about the credibility of its high profile supporters. That question sent me on an investigation of Scientology and Lawrence Wright has now told me all that I will ever need to know about this cult, it’s history and its influence in our culture. Others have already reviewed this book in a detailed manner so I will skip that part and just say that in the end, my wildest suppositions as to what went on in the audit sessions with those e-meters turned out to be tame in comparison of the truth.